Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Space Between Us


Wanted to watch this for so long since last year and finally I'm watching this.

Gardner Elliot, the first human born on Mars, begins an online friendship with Tulsa, a teen in Colorado. On his maiden voyage to Earth, the 16-year-old finally gets to experience all the joys and wonders of a world he could only read about. Problems arise when scientists discover that Gardner's organs can't withstand the atmosphere. United with Tulsa and on the run, the interplanetary visitor races against time to unravel the mysteries of how he came to be, and where he belongs in the universe.

Seriously, I was so shocked about the giving birth on Mars thing, like wow, I was so impressed. But of course the scene was so sad when Sarah Elliot died after gave birth to Gardner.

Asa Butterfield as Gardner Elliot, 16 years later, he has grown into an inquisitive, highly intelligent boy who has only ever met 14 people in his very unconventional upbringing. One day, in order to find out more about his mother, he hacks into Centaur, a robot he helped build, to gain access to the ship's storage. There, he retrieves his mother's items. Among them a wedding ring and a USB drive, from which he plays a video of her and a man in a beach house. Convinced that the man is his father, he becomes determined to find him. Gardner wanted to return to Earth but his body contains dangerously high levels of troponin, meaning that he has an enlarged heart. His heart is unable to stand Earth's atmospheric pressure, and so Gardner must be stayed on Mars if he wants to survive.

Britt Robertson as Tulsa, where Gardner has struck up an online relationship with, a street smart girl from Colorado who is constantly being shuffled from one foster home to the next. 

What I don't like was Gardner and Tulsa as couple, 'cause Asa Butterfield looks kinda young compare with Britt Robertson.

Next, I don't like the part where in the end Nathaniel suddenly turned out as Gardner's biological father, it's just like in a sudden and I just feel so weird.

Last but not least, I thought Gardner will end up living on Earth like maybe they could find a way to cure his disease but sadly no, he ended up to lives on Mars together with his father, Tulsa and Kendra live on Earth. Just same goes to the title of the movie "The Space Between Us".

But all of these are just self opinions, no offense.

But what I really like the most was Gardner asked every single person while he arrived on Earth, "What's your favourite thing about Earth?". I really love this question, seems simple but what is your actual answer? I have a lots of favourite things on Earth, I guess. From the smell of land after rain to the very little things, I have no actual answer as well. Earth, is just amazing.

The movie soundtrack "Smallest Light" by Ingrid Michaelson was so nice! 

I had high expectations before watching this but overall I would rate for 5/10.

Break my heart
Break my hands
You can take anything but my plans
I got big things to do

You can laugh
Have your fun
I'll be standing right here when you're done
I got big things to do

Just because you do not see us
Does not mean that we do not exist
Sometimes the smallest light
Shines so bright

#TheSpaceBetweenUs

#PLSY

No comments:

Post a Comment