Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Whole New World - Disney's Aladdin // Cover by Phyllis Lim



One of the songs from Disney’s 1992 animated film Aladdin, which is included in its soundtrack as the 9th track in the album. “A Whole New World” is a love ballad between the main characters Aladdin and Jasmine about the new world they are going to discover together while riding on Aladdin’s magic carpet. It is one of Disney’s most famous songs, winning an Academy Award for Best Original Song as well as a Grammy for Song of the Year and being a longtime fan favorite.

Two versions of the song were produced under the Disney label at the time. One was the version seen here, with Brad Kane and Lea Salonga performing as their characters. The other was a pop/R&B duet performed by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle, which was the version played in the movie’s end credits and also became a chart-topping single.

As promised, here's a clearer version for my lovely cousin! I apologize if there were any out of tune mistakes that I've made on your big day and thank you so much for giving me such a great and wonderful experience. Congratulations once again sis and brother in law! Best wishes on this wonderful journey, the princess is ready for a happily ever after. 💐❤️

Hope you like my solo version of "A Whole New World"! Please show me your love and support, give me a thumbs up, share and subscribe! :)

XOXO,
PLSY.

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us, "no"
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you

#Disney
#Aladdin
#AWholeNewWorld
#PlsyCovers

#PLSY

No comments:

Post a Comment