Friday, December 30, 2016

The Sound of Music


I've always like musical film, and no exception, The Sound of Music is a very good musical film, though. Aunt recommended this film to me, she told me that since she was young, she has never finish this film till the end, even though she had watched it twice but still, never finish before. So I decided to watch it for 3 hours long. This is the longest movie that I've ever watched in my life so far, 3 hours non-stop, just intermission for a few minutes.

A story about Maria, A free-spirited young Austrian woman. Her love of music and the mountains, her youthful enthusiasm and imagination, and her lack of discipline cause some concern among the nuns. The Mother Abbess, believing Maria would be happier outside the abbey, sends her to the villa of retired naval officer Captain Georg von Trapp to be governess to his seven children—Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta, and Gretl. The Captain has been raising his children alone using strict military discipline following the death of his first wife. Although the children misbehave at first, Maria responds with kindness and patience, and soon the children come to trust and respect her. At the end, Captain and Maria are married, they face all the problems together and the von Trapp family make their way on foot across the mountains into Switzerland to freedom when the soldiers attempt to pursue.

At first, there was no music allow in the von Trapp's. I just can't imagine the house or the world without music, there would be nothing to live about. Music brings happiness and laughter, spread loves, music can even fix and heal a broken heart and soul.

Whenever I'm fear and sad, I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad. This song from the movie really motivated me a lot, just think of the happy and favourite things of yours, seriously you don't feel so bad!


Do-Re-Mi is the song that I've listened when I was a kid back then. When the song plays in the movie, it really did brought out nostalgia. I even sang together while watching the movie, it really feels so good!

3 hours long but it's all worth it, a musical film back in 1965, 51 years later, I'm glad that I've watched this before. Thank you aunt for recommending this!

Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you sing you begin with do-re-mi
Do-re-mi, do-re-mi
The first three notes just happen to be
Do-re-mi, do-re-mi
Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti

Let's see if I can make it easier
Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do

Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do
So-do!

So Do La Fa Mi Do Re
So Do La Ti Do Re Do

When you know the notes to sing
You can sing most anything


#TheSoundOfMusic

#PLSY

No comments:

Post a Comment