Thursday, September 15, 2016

W W两个世界 더블유


A highly recommended MBC drama, W or W Two Worlds W两个世界 더블유. A romance, melodrama, suspense, fantasy and sci-fi genre, 5 in only one drama.

The topic and the story lines are very creative and attractive, not those story lines we used to see back in the Korean dramas. The best and interesting parts are you will never know the story line of the next episode. I used to like spoilers but not in this drama, because you will never guess what will happen next and I'm in love with the feeling.

Starring Lee Jong Suk as Kang Cheol, a fictional lead character of the popular comic series "W". An Olympic gold medalist in shooting, co-president and owner of the broadcasting channel W in the comic world. After his family dead, he tries to find the unknown murderer and seek for revenge. He then meet Oh Yeon Joo, found that she is special person that lead the key to his life. The fantasy, romance and suspense story started between both of them. I'm not a fan of Lee Jong Suk but after this drama, a total big change, even though not a big fan of his but confirmed a fan of his.


Han Hyo Joo as Oh Yeon Joo, a resident doctor, daughter of the famous cartoonist, Oh Sung Moo, who drew the popular comic series "W". She is a big fan of Kang Cheol, the protagonist of "W" series, always hope that Kang Cheol has a happy ending in the comic. She gets sucked into the comic world by Kang Cheol and saves him from death several times due to her ability to switch back and forth between the real world and the comic world. Her reaction could affects Kang Cheol's mood and mind and bring her back to the real world followed by the word in the comic world, 계속 which means continue. This is the first time I see Han Hyo Joo's acting and I'm so in love with her already. She is so pretty and her acting was so natural. Really looking forward for her new drama in the future!


In one of the scenes, the drama showed and played a very good question that I am very curious about since I was a kid even till now. After the end of a story, no matter a drama, a movie, a fiction, a comic series or a storybook, will all of the fictional characters continue their lives in the illusory world or their lives stop at the end of the story no matter happy or sad ending? In this part, they played well and answered the question that curious me for a long time. Even though we will never know the truth behind, but what they showed is no matter a happy or a sad ending, all of the fictional characters stop in the very last scene. This really impressed me a lots!

Besides that, a lot of scenes in the comic world presented really detailed, just like you are reading a real comic in the drama. Personally, I really like it so much. For example, the time lapse, just like when you are reading a comic book, you turn to the next page, it may already 2 days or 2 years later. The supporting roles will slowly disappear when they are no longer important in the story.
The great response of the leading role or the climax of the story will bring the story to the next chapter. These are really detailed and well present!


This drama is seriously detailed, all the published comics in the drama, they all have a real comic cover. 35 books all together! Another 2 books, 34 and 35 appeared in the drama.



There are few episodes that I had quite deep impression. I am so touched when Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo sacrifice themselves for each other, no matter how sad and how hard they might have suffer. They sacrifice and protect each other even for their family and friends. There are a lots of episodes that are so sad and touched, especially the last few episodes and of course the finale. Brilliant and outstanding actors and actresses that able to bring out all the emotions in the drama.


Episode 8 and 9 I had a lots of memories with it because it's way too sad. When Kang Cheol asked Yeon Joo to draw all of those that happened were just a dream, return to the time before he met her. Those lines, I seriously can't handle them.

Kang Cheol remembers the romantic things in the book, he knew that it is going to end soon, he took the very last chance to do the sweetest things with Yeon Joo.

"I want to hold you one more time, but I can’t do that either, because I’ll be reluctant to let go."

"Forget me now. I’m just a comic character. If you miss me, you can go to the bookstore and see me there. Be well." says Kang Cheol. He even told Yeon Joo to stay alive because he can't bear to see her dies.

In episode 9, the cruelest thing was Yeon Joo back to real world, she remembers everything that happened and everything about Kang Cheol. But when Kang Cheol meets her in the comic world, he doesn't even remember tiny little things about Yeon Joo. It's like a husband and wife live happily together then suddenly become strangers. When Yeon Joo meets him in the comic world, she feels an inexplicable sense of secure. I really admired the braveness of Yeon Joo, even she went to another world that she knows no one, she still be able to worried about Kang Cheol but not even herself.


The episodes that impressed me a lot are the last 2 episodes, the finale. A little spoiler over here.It was so sad when Kang Cheol decided to sacrifice himself, let himself disappear or die and let Oh Sung Moo live to stay with Yeon Joo, cause both of them can't coexist in a world because of Oh Sung Moo had made himself become the murderer who killed Kang Cheol's family and had become a part of the comic as Yeon Joo did. 


The finale, my tears were completely drained! I cried all the way long in the final episode like non-stop. Firstly I thought that Kang Cheol died in the end but no. Since Kang Cheol and Oh Sung Moo can't coexist, Oh Sung Moo felt guilty after killed several people in the comic world even in the real world so he decided to sacrifice himself, let Kang Cheol to stay with Yeon Joo, killed all the villians in the comic world and finally he disappeared in the comic world that he had built up himself. I had thought about different types of ending before, maybe Kang Cheol dies, maybe Oh Sung Moo dies or maybe both of them live, have a happy ending. I hoped it is a happy ending but unfortunately, one of them has to die in the end. In the end of the comic "W", Kang Cheol had become a person in real world, not a comic character anymore and he and Yeon Joo live happily ever after. Kang Cheol’s story in the comic was a happy ending, but the real-world Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon Joo’s ending is still unknown. But the two of them no longer stand at the crossroads of life and death like a comic, and although boring and ordinary, we hope that they will get an ending that lasts fifty years, like other ordinary couples.


There are so many bad reviews about this drama, said that it was super good in the beginning but when it came to the middle part, the story line started to repeat the same thing and become more complicated. For me, in my opinions, I don't think the story line is hard to understand. When you got the concept and understand it, actually it's not that hard. I really like that you will never guess the story line for the next episode. It may has variables, changing or even something that you will never thought before.

For the finale, a lots of bad comments as well. Repeated story line, sloppy ending and etc. But for me, it was a really good ending. Although I feel sorry for Oh Sung Moo's death but I think the imperfect part is the key to perfect, same goes to life, not everything is perfect and smooth in life and you will not guaranteed the ending that you want. Even though this is not the ending that I hope for, but I'm glad that Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo have a happy ending.


Another little extra thing to share is the book from the drama. "Love is..." by Puuung, the Korean illustrator. All the romantic and sweetest things that Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo did together were from the book! The book is seriously recommended for couples or even man and wife. The sweetest little things in life will light up your day.


The comic was so real! Made people want to be a cartoonist too! I finally knew why they chose Lee Jong Suk as the comic character, because he really does looks like those comic characters in the comic book, with long legs, fine skin and fantasy! That perfect boyfriend definitely exist in the comic series! I would definitely go in to the comic world if I could find my prince charming over there! I want to be the female lead character in the comic world too! Then live happily ever after with that perfect prince charming. Have a happy ending!



I really don't mind to watch for the second time or for a several times, cause this is seriously too good to resist! I really do not regret to watch this drama!






Last but not least, the OST. The OST are super good! Lots of favourite in there! "Please Say Something, Even Though It Is A Lie" by Park Bo Ram, "Falling" by Jo Hyun Ah from Urban Zakapa, "You And I" by Ahn Hyun Jeong and "Without You" by N from VIXX and Yeoeun from Melody Day. These all are my favourite OST in "W".


거짓말이라도 해줘요
그대도 나를 사랑한다고
심장이 뛰는 게 이러다 큰일 나죠
어떻게든 해주세요

Tell me, even if it’s a lie
That you love me too
My heart is racing too much
Something’s gonna happen
Please do something
Because of my days without you
I am secretly crying, what do I do?

I’m Falling I’m Falling
운명처럼 만난 널
I’m Falling I’m Falling
마치 꿈처럼

I’m Falling I’m Falling
I met you like it was destiny
I’m Falling I’m Falling
Like a dream

기다리게 되잖아 어제보다
왜 그러냐고 계속 내게 묻지만
말려봐 온통 그대 생각에
잠 못 드는 이 밤에 한 걸음에 달려가
사랑한다고 말할까 봐

I’m starting to wait, more than yesterday
They ask me why I’m being like this
Try to stop me because
Thoughts of you stop me from sleeping
So I’m running to you, about to tell you I love you

네가 없는 난 아무것도
할 수 없단 사실에 다시 울고
이젠 네가 없는 하루하루
의미 없는 하루하루
나 다시는 널 놓지 않을게
다시는 보내지 않을게

Without you
I can’t do anything
and I cry over that fact
now the days without you
are days without meaning
I won’t leave you again
I won’t let you go again

W has finally ended, will miss this so much.


W 끝

#W
#WTwoWorlds
#LeeJongSuk
#HanHyoJoo

#PLSY

No comments:

Post a Comment