Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Jojo Moyes, Me Before You.


(I don't claim this picture, just for posting.)

Going to finish it up before head to the movie. Done it with less than 2 weeks time. A beautiful, heart breaking love story that you can hardly move on after the read, this is my short review about the book.

A beautiful book by the amazing writer Jojo Moyes. I think this is the first book that I sobbed a lot, like a lot. I'm not saying that I've never cried while reading other books. Yes, I'm a person who cries easily while reading or watching something sad and touched, but not that bad I guess? But this, this book was real sobbed, like sobbed a lot. See how sad it was?

The story is about a girl named Louisa Clark, 26 y/o, unambitious and with few qualifications, who helps to support her family, loses her job at a local cafe. She goes to the Job Centre, after several failed attempts, she is offered a unique employment opportunity, which is help care for Will Traynor, a successful, wealthy, and once-active young man who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident two years earlier.

At first, he reacts coldly to her spunkiness, but they soon become friends and develop feelings for each other. Louisa soon finds out that Will has given his parents six months before they must bring him to Switzerland for euthanasia. Will cannot deal with the pain and suffering of being paralyzed from the neck down. Louisa secretly makes it her mission to make him change his mind and takes him on all the adventures that she can to prove that life is worth living. However, at their final trip to Mauritius with Will's carer Nathan, Will tells her that he plans to continue with the euthanasia and asks for her to come with him. Soon after they arrive home, she decides to go to Switzerland to see Will in his final moments. After his death, he leaves her with enough money for her to continue her education and "live well".


The reason why I always love Will Traynor.

Louisa, the character in the book, for me, she was a super funny girl. Not only from her unique wardrobe fashions but her cheerful personality. She was a brave and fearless girl back then, until the incident in the maze, she has become a fearful one, stuck in the small town of hers. I really did enjoyed Louisa's character in the book, I even laughed so hard a few times. 



I can hardly move on. What if Will choose to live?


It was really a heart-broken story, you just have that tiny little hope for Will to live even though in the last chapter. A little spoiler though, every single bit in the book about Will I just feel like want to cry so bad, especially the letter part. I really did sobbed so so bad on that part. Will tries to motivate Louisa to change, to travel the world, to see the outside world from her hometown, to become that fearless Louisa again.

For me, Me Before You is talking about not only just before Will met Louisa, his life has a massive change, from a "not willing to go out for a walk man" to travel to Mauritius but also before Louisa met Will. Her life has also a massive change, she has that opportunity to go to the concert that she had never been before, travel the outside world from her hometown and experienced a lot of things that she'd never done before. It was so sad that in the end Will still choose to end his life even though Louisa tried to persuade him to live, he just can't handle the pain anymore after a long long 2 years.

Live boldly, live well. These words keep playing and repeating in my mind after the read. You only live once, so why don't you just live boldly? Try everything that you want to even though you could fail, after you failed, just get up and try again, why not? Live well, life is so precious, just live well and don't give up in life.

I just have a very simple question after the read. What if Will choose to stay? Will it be different?

Definitely going to read the sequel, After You, even though there are a lots of bad reviews. I just want to know is everyone doing alright? Did the Traynors doing alright? Most importantly, did Louisa doing alright? Did she achieve her dreams in life? Is she happy? Did she LIVE WELL?

There are a few parts that I not really like, the way that Jojo Moyes arranged the story line and the way she wrote. Just a few parts, not much. But the book overall was amazing and beautiful, I can say that this is one of the best books I've ever read. Thank you, Jojo Moyes.



I love the way that Jojo Moyes describes music.

Can't wait for the movie after the read! Hope it comes out as well as the book! Glad that the movie leading role is my favourite actor, Sam Claflin, again! It's another movie adapted from the novel since "Love, Rosie"! It's Sam Claflin, again!

You can't change who people are. You love them.

There she goes in front of me,
Take my life and set me free again,
We'll make a memory out of it.
Holy road is at my back,
Don't look on, take me back again,
We'll make a memory out of it.

We finally fall apart and we break each other's hearts,
If we wanna live young, love, we better start today.

It's gotta get easier, easier, somehow.
'Cause I'm falling, falling.
Easier and easier, somehow.
Oh, I'm calling, I'm calling.
And it isn't over, unless it is over,
I don't wanna wait for that.
It's gotta get easier and easier, somehow.
But not today.

#MeBeforeYou
#LiveBoldly
#LiveWell



"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."

- Jojo Moyes, Me Before You.


#PLSY

No comments:

Post a Comment